5 Reasons Why Interior Designers Who Use SketchUp Should Use LayOut.
I strongly believe that using LayOut to create technical drawings for interior design projects can greatly improve your design process.
I have been designing interiors in SketchUp for 15 years, and in that time, I have developed an action plan thanks to which I know what to do and when to do it, I work faster and make fewer mistakes. Creating technical documentation in LayOut has also helped me automate the whole process and improve the readability of my documentation, which I would not have achieved otherwise.
I recommend everyone to start creating technical documentation for interior designs in LayOut.
And I have 5 specific reasons why:
- Automation: in LayOut you can automatically reference a lot of relevant information contained in an interior model. This speeds up your work enormously.
- Speed of use: A well-prepared model in SketchUp runs quickly in LayOut. This is important for ease of use.
- No duplication of work: information entered once in a model can be reused several times in different technical drawings. This is a huge time saver.
- Readability: in LayOut you can see exactly how the drawings will look, and the extensive formatting options give you full control over the readability of the documentation created. This saves you from additional design problems.
- Visual impact: Engineering designs can look beautiful. In addition to the standard projections, you can add many more explanatory perspectives. It will definitely facilitate communication with the client.
If you start creating technical documentation in LayOut, let me know — I would be happy to get in touch with you (and answer any questions you have getting started!).
Read this post and more on my Typeshare Social Blog